Hair extensions for cancer survivors
At Xtend Yourself Salon it is not just our name, it is our motto, and we try to live by that motto every day.
- Extend yourself and your knowledge to others.
- Extend a helping hand.
- Extend your time towards others who can make use of it.
- Extend your talent and gifts to those who need it.
Anyone currently undergoing treatment for cancer can come into our salon in Gilbert for a free scalp cleaning. For those who want to take control of their hair-loss, we also offer a cleanse and moisture treatment, scalp massage, wig trim and fitting, or a trim up of the hair as it starts to grow back in. Post-treatment, your first cut AND color are also free of charge. We strongly suggest waiting until at least 3-6 months after ALL treatments before using any bleach or permanent colors.
We are also extremely proud to announce that we now offer Chemo Girls Hair Extensions!
Although we can’t provide this as a totally free service we will work on a sliding fee scale per client as well as work with any foundations who can assist in the cost of this life-changing and soul-changing option for women (and men) who are coming out the other side of chemo. You have options. You aren’t tied to wearing scarves or wigs if you choose not to.
This procedure is not just limited to cancer survivors! This is an amazing way for ANYONE to take charge of what and who they see in the mirror. If you have had hair-loss: thinning due to hormonal imbalances, auto-immune disorders, or even a really bad decision to get that pixie you thought you always wanted and then realized you really didn’t…we CAN help.
To ensure long-term success and your satisfaction, your hair should be at least 2-3 inches long and we will examine your follicles (the bit where your hair grows out of your scalp) to ensure they are strong enough to handle the extra weight. We will also teach you how to effectively care for your extensions during the three months between visits and be available to you for healthy hair and scalp checks every month which we can do either in the salon, or via a skype video call.
The hair we apply can be reused for up to 1 year with proper care and maintenance adding small amounts of additional hair as needed during each tune-up visit.
Your initial or new install service includes:
- Custom color of your existing hair
- Mild and gentle frizz tamer (if necessary) to keep your existing hair soft and smooth for the three months of installation
- Extension hair
- Professional installation
- Custom blending of colors to suit you and only you
- Customized cut and style
- Training on how to properly care for your new, long, flowing locks
- Monthly healthy hair and scalp checks (15-20 min) to ensure the health of your hair and scalp and to replace any bonds that may have slipped out. (Be sure to keep and bring these with you)
- Maintenance kit – you will leave the salon with everything you will need to keep your hair, scalp and extensions looking and feeling amazing
Tune-up appointments should be scheduled every 3 months for the continued health of your hair and scalp.
Your tune-up appointment includes:
- Color of your new growth
- Mild and gentle frizz tamer if needed
- Methodical removal, move up and reattachment of your existing extensions
- Re-attachment of any bonds that have slipped out
- Addition of new hair as needed (up to 20% of all bonds)
- Trim of natural hair as necessary to maintain healthy grow out
Any products you are in danger of running out of should be purchased at this time. They are not included in the cost. All products included in your initial install kit are mandatory use. If you deviate from using these products we cannot guarantee the longevity of the install or the lifespan of the hair.
The starting price of an initial install is $3500- but as we mentioned we do work on a sliding scale to make this affordable for everyone in need.
The starting price of the tune-up is $1500.
Please note, all new install days are LONG…. We estimate between 8-12 hours depending on the length of your own hair (the shorter the hair the longer it takes), whether or not your hair requires the mild and gentle frizz tamer, and color service necessary to complete your look.
For tune-up days plan on 5-8 hours in the salon. (New install days can be broken up into two shorter days, back to back, if you feel you can’t handle a day that long.)
Please don’t hesitate to call or email us with any and all of your questions. If you know someone who could benefit from this service and would like to be an angel donor please reach out to us and we will work with you. If you are an agency or ministry that would like to help us help you to provide this service to someone we are at your service.
When reaching out please have 3-5 photos of your hair that made you feel your very best. We will do everything we can to recreate that look and feeling for you.
If you are preparing to start your journey through chemotherapy and would like to preserve your own hair for use, we would be honored to do that for you. Call and ask us how.
Chemo Girls Hair Extensions after chemotherapy; created in Minneapolis. Now being offered in Arizona exclusively at Extend Yourself Salon in Gilbert.